2020 has brought the world quite a few new challenges. While driving a car always comes with a certain amount of minimal risk, if you get into an accident during the pandemic, you’ll need to take extra safeguards.
At Suburban Auto Body in St. Paul, we’re committed to providing safe, convenient auto body repair. In this post, we’re sharing tips to protect yourself if you find yourself in the unfortunate position of being involved in an accident during this pandemic.
Prioritize Safety First
If you’ve been involved in an auto accident, priority to your safety and the safety of others should be your primary concern. If you are involved in a collision, follow these steps:
1. Ensure the roadway is clear of traffic before exiting your vehicle.
2. Call 911 immediately if there is an injury.
3. Wait for emergency personnel to move occupants if possible.
4. Report the accident to law enforcement to ensure you get a clear legal record of the event.
5. Use your mobile phone to capture the other driver’s information.
6. Take pictures of other driver’s license and license plate.
7. Take pictures of as much damage to both or all vehicles if possible.
In addition to the above steps, you’ll need to take extra precautions to prevent the possible transmission of a virus. Although you may be a little shaken from the accident, remember that pandemic rules still apply in these stressful and hectic situations.
Don’t forget these important recommendations:
1. Maintain distance from other parties and first responders as much as possible.
2. When emergency personnel arrive, wear a mask if you’re able to.
3. Consider using your mobile device to exchange information to help maintain contact from a safe distance.
What to do next
After you have ensured everyone involved is safe and has received any medical care needed, it’s time to work on getting your car repaired. Many insurance companies are available 24/7 to initiate claims, and some companies offer mobile apps for reporting collisions.
Regardless of how your company handles claims, begin the process immediately whether you are at fault or not. When liability isn’t immediately clear, insurance adjusters can make that determination later. If your car is drivable, bring it to us for a no-cost estimate as soon as possible. If it is not drivable, you will need to have it towed. Regardless, call Suburban Auto Body right away and we can begin the process of getting your vehicle back to its original condition.
Safe Auto Body Repair You Can Trust
To keep our customers and community safe during the pandemic, our team at Suburban Auto Body is taking extra steps to get you quality collision repair when you need it.
We offer 24-hour access to our key drop box and free vehicle drop-off and pick-up. We can provide mobile estimates to your email including everything you need for your insurance company, and we even accept payments over the phone.
When you get your car back, expect it to be completely disinfected for added safety. To get started with our Suburban EZ service, call our accident repair team at 651-633-8900 or contact us online to get your free car accident repair quote.