Suburban Auto Body takes a high priority on protecting the environment. We know that our daily operations can have an impact on the environment, and we have adjusted our practices and products to ensure that we help the environment with our operations.
Our business practices use environmentally friendly operations at the core of our business. St Paul auto body work can have a lot of bed environmental impacts if the wrong chemicals are used. We pledged to Go Green and we have been living up to our pledge.
Some of the changes and practices that we made include:
- Biodegradable cleaners – we use biodegradable cleaners to clean up spills and also to clean vehicles. Biodegradable cleaners cost more than traditional chemical cleaners, but the cost is insignificant to the environmental friendliness of using the right products and not damaging the ecosystem in any way.
- Keeping parking lots and service bays clean – we do this to prevent oils, antifreeze and other toxic waste from collecting and being exposed to the environment. These chemicals can wash away and be introduced to the environment and water says if close attention is not paid. We also ensure the debris and garbage from operations and litter is picked up immediately. Debris and garbage cleanup is important to ensure the garbage does not become pollution to the Mississippi River or the St Paul area that we operate in.
- Recycling Oil – We recycle all the oil that we recover from vehicles. Motor oil is one of the most catastrophic toxins that is introduces to the environment. Engine oil is taken very seriously and we ensure that every drop is collected and recycled.
- Precautions – we take extra precautions to prevent toxic leakage from storage receptacles and chemical containers. All of our staff are trained in the proper procedures if a leak is detected. Train staff handle any leaks immediately and clean up a leak thoroughly. We make this a top priority in our “Go Green” program and ensure this is strictly handled as part of our environmental stewardship.
- Painting – We have made great progress in our painting system to ensure that our painting process is more environmentally friendly than the competition. We use waterborne paint technology to reduce the volatile organic compound “VOC” emissions from our painting process. The painting system is inherently a system that can cause environmental hazards if improper procedures, filters, and products are used. Suburban Auto Body ensures that we use the best practices and paint products for our St Paul Auto Body operations.
- Recycling – Suburban Auto Body is committed to a rigid recycling program. Everything that can be recycled is recycled. Cardboard is broken down and recycled in proper cardboard recycling receptacles. Plastics are separated from other garbage and stored in a plastic recycling bin. Papers are isolated and recycled as a benefit to the environment and garbage disposal in St Paul. Metals are all recycled dependent on the type of metal: aluminum is collected for aluminum recycling, steel is collected for steel recycling, copper is collected for copper recycling, and other metals are collected for metal recycling.
We take pride in purchasing recycled materials whenever possible. Purchasing recycled materials is one of the best practices that can be used in Offices and for operations.
Suburban Auto Body has taken a lot of steps and invested in our Go Green program. We are committed to helping the environment and reducing waste in St Paul. Our goal is to help preserve the Mississippi river and water ways through our Go Green Program.
Feel free to call us or make an appointment for St Paul auto body work.